ZERO TO THREE: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, with an auxiliary office in Los Angeles, California. With a mission to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life, ZTT provides parents, professionals, and policymakers the knowledge and know-how to nurture early development.
ZERO TO THREE is proud to support military and Veteran families through Military Family Projects. We work to increase awareness and collaboration throughout military and civilian communities so that professionals who work with parents and children can more effectively care for babies, toddlers, and their military-connected families; and parents will have tools to assist them as they nurture and guide their children’s development.
Our board books developed for toddlers, our informative booklets for parents, and our professional guides all focus on strategies to help strengthen the resilience of our babies and toddlers in military and Veteran families, helping them navigate the many transitions that are a part of being a part of a military connected family.
- Preparing for a Deployment
- Behavior Challenges
- Loss of a Parent
- Transitioning Back to Civilian Life
Whether you’re caring for a baby or toddler in a military connected family or a professional who supports a military or veteran and their family, these resources will help you to ensure these youngest heroes have a strong start in life.
ZERO TO THREE gratefully acknowledges USAA for their support and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation for funding the original app. We would also like to thank everyone who helped make this app possible.
- Jeree H. Pawl, PhD, ZERO TO THREE Board Member, Mill Valley, CA
- Rizwan Shah, MD, ZERO TO THREE Board Member, Child Abuse Program at Blank Children’s Hospital, Des Moines, IA
- Tifany Irons , Dual Service, US Army Reserve and US Army Spouse and Parent, Great Lakes, IL
- Susan Burrows, LCSW, New Parent Support Home Visitation Program, Great Lakes Naval Station, IL
- Priscilla Hammon, Children’s Home and Aid Society, Granite City, IL
- Jacques Hebert, Veteran, ChildServ, Chicago, IL
- Zachary Hunsinger, JD/MSW, Health & Disability Advocates, Chicago, IL
- Alice James, Veteran Spouse and Parent, Wheaton, IL
- Beth Knight, Illinois Child Care Resource and Referral Association, Bloomington, IL
- Duane Kozlowski, Veteran Parent, West Chicago, IL
- Krisha Lindo, Veteran Spouse and Parent, Army OneSource, Zion, IL
- Kelcey Liverpool, US Navy Spouse, Kid’s Rank, Highwood, IL
- Jan Stepto Millet, Children’s Home and Aid Society, Chicago, IL
- Margret Nickels, PhD, Erikson Institute, Chicago, IL
- Jennifer Spengler, Children’s Home and Aid Society, Granite City, IL
- Rebecca Tews, PhD, Brain Oasis, Warrenville, IL
- Cassandra Ward, Erikson Institute, Chicago, IL
Vodcast Expert Speakers
- Janice Im, MS
- Claire Lerner, LCSW
- Rebecca Parlakian, MA, Ed & HD
- Dorinda Williams, PhD, LCSW-C
- Julia Yeary, Jennifer Novak and Dorinda Williams
- App Production by The Smyth Group
- Victoria Prieto, Spanish content creator
- Video Production by 5:00 Films
- Some film courtesy of Ankle Valley Productions
We are deeply grateful to all of the families who allowed us to capture their tender moments on film!